Today, I was reflecting on the beauty of blogging and how running a site about my passions and daily activities has been so rewarding. For me, blogging has been a way for me to enhance what I share on my social media about my life. I’ve reflected my thoughts on blogging through a series of questions below. Have a look if you’re considering exploring the blogging lifestyle…
- Which tools are effective? Which aren’t?
In blogging, the effective tools to be successful include captivating photography, passion on the topic, and a creative writing style. If you don’t have any of these three things, it will be hard for an audience to follow.
- What would you want to improve or include within the blog?
The theme. I think the layout of a website can make or break whether it is successful or not.
- In what ways could the experience benefit you in the future?
I’m hoping to add more festival coverage and music-oriented content to the site. With that being said, I hope to further my career in the industry by growing as a writer and knowledgeable reviewer.
- Discuss how you might implement these tools professionally in the future, in a job or an entrepreneurial endeavor.
I plan on implementing the emmofe brand into my life long career. Where it’s going is unknown, but I plan on pursuing it as a personally owned brand, enhancing my life in a way that allows me to have multiple outlets of passion for focusing on, whether it’s music, life, art or food.
- What has been your most popular week, and how many views and visitors did you get that week?
October 3-9. I received 208 views and 88 visitors.
- Which was your most popular post of the year? How many views did it get? Why do you think it was the most popular?
My most popular post of the year thus far was titled “Meet Toyosi,” receiving 56 views. I think it populated the most views because Toyosi and I graduated from the same high school, so many of my friends on social media wanted to read about an old friends success.
- In all of the Site Stats data, was anything surprising to you?
Yes, I’m shocked by the amount of traffic I was able to draw in. I didn’t expect the audience I’ve been receiving, so I think I’ll keep pursuing it after the class with the numbers I’m seeing.
- Do you have any Twitter, Facebook or other social media stats you want to share?
No, but checking insights is always fun to see what impact you have on the online social community.